Recommended Books, Podcasts, & More!
My boyfriend, Adam, and I both love to read. Here’s a list of a few of our favourite books, not only about personal finance, but also some about changing your mindset about money and life in general.
We also very much enjoy listening to podcasts. I normally have a 30 minute commute to work and I find it’s the best time to listen and learn. We listed a few of our favourites below.
There’s also so many great blogs about FIRE out there. We listed just a couple of the ones we enjoy.
We also included the budget website/app that we have been using for the past few years and it is a total game-changer!
Let us know in the comments your favourite books, blogs, and podcasts!
Disclosure: We added affiliate links to the books below which means we get a small percentage of the sales if you buy one. That being said we really love these books and think everybody should read them so borrow them from a friend, check them out from the library, whatever, just read them!
A Few of Our Fav Books
- Your Money or Your Life – Vicki Robin & Joe Dominguez
- The Simple Path to Wealth – JL Collins
- Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
- Cashflow Quadrant – Robert Kiyosaki
- Quit Like a Millionaire – Kristy Shen & Bryce Leung
- Set for Life – Scott Trench
- The Millionaire Next Door – Thomas J. Stanley & William D. Danko
- The Richest Man in Babylon – George S. Clason
- The Millionaire Teacher – Andrew Hallam
- Early Retirement Extreme – Jacob Lund Fisker
- Atomic Habits – James Clear
Podcasts We Listen To
- Bigger Pockets Money
- Choose FI
- Explore FI Canada
- Mad Fientist
- Afford Anything
- Financial Freedom Podcast
- Nurses on FIRE
Blogs We Read
- Mr. Money Mustache
- JL Collins – The Simple Path to Wealth
- Mad Fientist
- Bigger Pockets
- You Need a Budget Blog
- A Purple Life
Budgeting Website/App We Love
You Need a Budget
We love this website (they also have an app). It makes budgeting so simple and really helps you not only save your hard-earned money but helps you spend more intentionally. They also offer 34 days free so go try it out!
2 thoughts on “Recommended Books, Podcasts, & More!”
Hi Celene, Hi Adam, This is a fabulous blog, I’ll check in again to read more. I love your goals and your wisdom in getting there, well written! My goal is to stay on land and even though I feel proud of many of the things that I’ve accomplished professionally and financially, I definitely need to look at and do something about debt reduction!! You’ve definitely inspired me. I decided to check out the book, Atomic Habits. Terry
Bali Express has great communication ɑnd a
fantastic social network and community.